Here’s another recipe I’d like to share with you. I hope you enjoy making these fairy cakes because I always have such fun making them with my nieces and nephews, and I must say there is always words about who is going to lick the spoons!
110g Self Raising Flour
110g Caster Sugar
110g Butter or Margarine, softened at room temperature
2 Medium Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1-2 tbsp Milk
2-3 tbsp Water
2-3 drops of Food Colouring
300g Icing Sugar
Hundreds and Thousands, or other cake decorations
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350C Fan or Gas 4. Use 2×12 hole fairy cake tins with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl. Beat in the eggs a little at a time, and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a metal spoon. Add a little milk until the mixture is a soft dropping consistency, spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are about half full.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until golden-brown on top. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin
- Sift the icing sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir in enough water to create a smooth mixture. Stir in the food colouring
- To ice the fairy cakes, drizzle the icing over the cakes, sprinkle with decorations and set aside until the icing hardens.
Written by Christine Edmead