Thought I would share another recipe with you which I love making. I love to make bread pudding because you just use your hands to make it. I have so much fun squeezing the water out of the bread, not sure that my kitchen enjoys it as I sometimes make a bit of a mess but that where the fun comes in, well it does for me!
Bread Pudding Ingredients:
- One loaf of white bread
- 4 oz Butter or margarine
- 4 oz Sugar
- 33g Mixed spice
- 8 oz Sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 180C Fan or Gas 4.
- Soak the bread in water. Squeeze the water out of the bread and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter/margarine use your hands to squeeze the butter/margarine into the wet bread.
- Add the sugar, mixed spice and sultanas to the mixture.
- Place the mixture into a baking dish, then add some nobs of butter on top of the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until golden-brown on top.
HAVE FUN, HAPPY BAKING
Written by Christine Edmead, ELVis Administration and Information Officer