It’s Christine here! So it’s a New Year and I thought I’d share another recipe with you all. This delicious dessert really goes down well with friends and family.
Sticky Apple and Almond Cake
250g Self Raising Flour
175g Caster Sugar
175g Butter – melted
2 Medium Eggs
1tsp Almond Extract
250g Cooking Apples – peeled and cored
40g Flaked Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, 140°C Fan or Gas mark 3. Grease a 20 cm cake tin.
- Put the flour, sugar, butter, honey, eggs and almond extract in a mixing bowl.
- Beat together with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Put half the cake mix in the prepared tin and spread evenly over the base.
- Slice the apples and arrange over the cake mix.
- Cover with the remaining cake mix and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until golden and springs back to the touch.
- Serve warm, dusted with icing sugar.
HOPE YOU ENJOY BAKING THIS CAKE ☺
Written by Christine Edmead